Sound of Music
8:30 Full-day Sound of Music Tour with the local English Speaking Guide (Join-in)
- This tour will take you to a unique journey that not only shows you filming locations from ´The Sound of Music´, but also gives you interesting historical commentary about the city and the real von Trapp family! Relive the true story of the von Trapp family as made famous by the movie “The Sound of Music.” As Salzburg´s most popular tour for over 45 years, this unique excursion is a combination of historic Salzburg, the breathtaking Salzkammergut region, as well as famous musical and cultural centers.
- Experienced tour guides are proud to show you a variety of filming locations from “The Sound of Music” as well as give you historical and cultural tidbits along the way. You will see the Mirabell Gardens, shown in many scenes, including where Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus; the Gazebo/Hellbrunn Palace, where Rolf and Liesl sang “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” and Maria and the Baron sang “Something Good,” the location is now situated within the gardens of this hunting palace, built in the first half of the 17th century. The Gazebo gives you a chance to re-create one of the movie’s most famous scenes! Palace of Leopoldskron is historical 18th century palace and its grounds provided many locations for the movie, including the lake where the famous boating scene took place, and the terrace where the family drank "Pink Lemonade" with the Baroness Schröder, plus many other scenes.
- Nonnberg Abbey, founded in the year 714, was used both in the movie and in the true historical story. In the movie, the Abbey was seen many times, including when the children came to the gate to ask Maria to return to their home, and from where the family tried to escape at the end of the movie. Maria and the Baron were married here in 1927. St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang was featured in the opening sequence of the movie. The village of St Gilgen (Mozart’s mother was born here) on the northwest side of the Lake Wolfgang is situated directly across from the famous Schafberg mountain, also seen in the movie! Church of Mondsee is also known as "The Sound of Music" Wedding Church. This historical church of Mondsee was the location of the movie wedding between Maria and the Baron. Inside this wonderful church, Maria walked down the aisle to meet the Baron at the altar.
- The additional BONUS to this tour is the visit of the historic Salt Mines that will show you the value of ´white gold´! Ride the miner´s train, slip down the miner´s slide or travel across a salt lake on a raft! Before entering the mine, you are provided with protective clothing that makes you look like an authentic miner. Then you travel on a former miner's train into the heart of the mountain. Once inside this remarkable underground world, knowledgeable local guide will amaze you with tales of the ancient salt mining history, its uses, and the transportation methods. Further into the cave, you'll enjoy a ride down original miner slides – great fun for all ages. Later, enjoy another astonishing experience with a raft across a salt lake. Finally, after touring these enchanting underground labyrinths, you will return to the outside world on the same train. This unique underground world is fun and interesting for all ages and an experience not to be missed! The duration of the tour is approx. 8 hrs. Meeting point in the city center at Mirabellplatz 2.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 245 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250