Bangkok – Chiang Mai
Day 5 – Bangkok – Chiang Mai (B/L/D)
Chiang Mai (B/L)
Chiang Mai (B/L)
Chiang Mai (B)
Chiang Mai Departure
- Sprawled along the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Bangkok – “City of Angels” – is one of Asia’s most compelling metropolises. Kids will love exploring its network of canals, Klong, which hum with day to- day activity – commuter ferries, floating businesses, farmers delivering produce and colorful flowers to market, children traveling to school. Ancient temples (Wat) and modern skyscrapers rise beside teetering shacks and suburban estates along this arterial waterway, giving a unique cultural glimpse into both ancient and modern Bangkok. Our canal tour by long tail boat, along with a visit to the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew, are your perfect introduction to this exciting and hospitable city.
- Board long tail boats for your cruise along the Chaophaya River for first visit the Klong (canals) of Bangkok. Here you will see the daily life of the Thai people along the canals. Take a private long tail boat by short ride to Supratra River Restaurant. Introduce your kids -and your taste buds - to the true flavors of one of the world’s most celebrated cuisines as we enjoy lunch along the river.
- After lunch, continue by a long tail boat to visit Grand Palace, where was built in 1782 and includes more than 100 brilliantly colored buildings, many of them capped with glittering, golden roofs and soaring pagodas. Home to the Thai Royal Family for 150 years, the magnificent Grand Palace houses countless treasures, including dazzling mosaics and impressive guardian statues. It remains the country’s seat of power and the spiritual heart of the Thai people. Located in a corner of the Grand Palace compound, Wat Phra Kaew is considered by the Thai to be the country’s most important Buddhist temple. It houses the exquisite small statue known as the Emerald Buddha, carved from a single block of jade. Modest dress is required here and those who enter this holy place are sure to be moved by the experience.
- Lastly, visit Wat Pho with its Reclining Buddha image. Wat Pho is also regarded as the first center of public education and is sometimes called ‘Thailand’s first university’. Mural paintings, inscriptions, and statues found in the temple-educated people on varied subjects such as literature, warfare, archaeology, astronomy, geology, meditation and to be considered, home of the Thai traditional massage. We’ll return to our hotel by long tail boat and relax.
- Enjoy Welcome Reception 30 minutes included free flow of House Wine (red/white) or; local beer or fruit-juice or soft-drinks with some chips & nuts with your travelers this evening before a special holiday International Buffet dinner.
Khao Kheow Open Zoo
- Set out by air condition vehicle for the Gibbon Adventure Base. Prepare for an adrenaline-filled experience as we take to the forest canopy for a zip lining tree-to-tree trek known as Flight of the Gibbon. With nearly two and one-half miles of zip line, this is the longest and highest such adventure anywhere. At the top of the first “tree house,” or platform, of our ride, everyone is outfitted for an unforgettable ride. One by one, leap by leap, and grin by grin...a picture-perfect moment! This is an extreme thrill ride for brave-hearted adventurers!
- Your appetite is sure to come roaring in after your sky-high adventure, and lunch at our lakeside restaurant is sure to please
- Khao Kheow Open Zoo: As an alternative for anyone not interested in zip lining, enjoy a visit to the open zoo. Learn about wild animals and exotic birds at these open zoo grounds divided into animal habitats. Observe bird species such as Hornbills, Macaws, Lories, Eagles and other interesting animals like Skunks, Raccoons, Wild Boars, and the Orangutan.
- We return to your hotel in Bangkok late afternoon for small relax before “ Bangkok Night Discovery Tour ”.
- You will be picked up at your hotel by hotel shuttle boat transfer and crossing the Chaophaya River by public boat.
- Start you Bangkok night tour. You will travel by Tuk-Tuk, this world-famous three-wheel motorized open-air vehicle and explore Bangkok’s markets, temples and food, under the night lights.
- While most tourists will visit Bangkok’s landmarks during the day time, Asia World offers the incredible opportunity to enter these places at an original and unique time of the day: we will stop at markets including the Flower Market where the vivid colors come alive under the fluorescent lights.
- During this 4-hour Tuk-Tuk journey, we will tour Klong San Market, Wat Prayoon, the impressive Memorial Bridge, the well-known Giant Swing, Wat Pho, the colourful Flower Market and the bustling Chinatown.
- Finally, a night tour of Bangkok wouldn’t be complete without a stop by local food stalls which are available 24 hours but which seem to particularly come alive at night time. As we go we will stop to sample some of the best food in Bangkok. Follow us and you will not leave your Tuk-Tuk hungry. Return to the hotel approximately 11.00pm.
Night Bazaar, Ping River
- This evening we’ll visit the Night Bazaar along the Ping River. In Thailand’s most famous night market, huge arcades hold hundreds of little shops and stalls and trinket shopping has never been more fun! You'll find everything here form handmade cloth to valuable jewelry to inexpensive souvenirs. Don't forget to barter.
Baan Chang Elephant Park
- We will drive through agricultural Thai countryside North of Chiang Mai for One hour to BAAN CHANG ELEPHANT PARK whereyou learn, how to be a Mahout (Elephant caretaker). At the Park, the Elephant Mahout Guide will give you first useful information's about the Thai Elephants. You get instructions for guiding and riding your elephant as well you get the chance to feed them.
- After lunch, it's time to show what you had learnt in the morning. You sit on the back of the Elephant and try to control him during the ride through the beautiful forest and country side for about 1.5 hours as well you learn how to guide the Elephant into the river. There you get new skills in bathing and washing your Elephant. From the river bank, the guide will take some picture of you while you take care in bathing your elephant. When we return to the main hut from the river, at the coffee shop some Tea, Coffee or Water will be served. Around 03.30 pm it's time to say goodbye to a lovely Elephants and Baan Chang Elephant Park.
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep
- One of the most unique experiences in Thailand is a visit to a Buddhist temple to offer alms to the Buddhist monks. Each morning before dawn (pick-up from your hotel is at 06:00hrs), the monks put on their distinctive saffron robes and quietly pad in their bare feet along the streets, carrying alms bowls and receiving boiled rice and condiments from the citizens of Thailand In return people receive the monks’ blessings. You can participate in this very special Thai custom by personally presenting alms; a brief exploration at the Sri Soda temple may be made as well, religious festivals permitting, including see the monks pray in the early morning.
- Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep excursion: The Buddhist temple Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep is undoubtedly one of the most sacred sites in all of Thailand, and one of the most sacred places to Buddhists across the globe. Built atop a mountain named Doi Suthep, the temple offers stunning views of nearby Chiang Mai, and contains a model of the Emerald Buddha and a statue of the Hindu God Ganesh. Legend has it that the spot for the temple was chosen when a white elephant carrying a piece of Buddha’s shoulder bone was sent off into the jungle, climbed Doi Suthep, and trumpeted three times before dying on that holy ground.
Your price marked with Excellence
From 1 686 €
Rate is Net per Person in Half Twin sharing (Thai Baht)
Validity 01.04.2017 – 31.10.2017
|2 Pax||1,686 €|
|3-4 Pax||1,490 €|
|5-6 Pax||1,324 €|
|Child 4-11 yrs with no bed||914 €|
|Child 4-11 yrs with extra bed||1,088 €|
Single supplement: 377 €
Domestic Airfares: Rates are Net per Person ( Thai Baht )
Bangkok – Chiang Mai ( TG Economy or v.v. )
- ADT 109 €
- CHD 86 €
- INF 17 €
The price could be changed up to the airfares.
- 4 nights in Bangkok at Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside on Deluxe Riverview room
- 4 nights in Chiang Mai Siripanna Villa Chiang Mai Resort & Spa on Deluxe Gallery room (Paddy Field view)
- Transfers services based on private vehicle with air conditioned as per itinerary
- Full-day Klong Tour & Wat Arun and Grand Palace & Wat Pho (reclining Buddha image) excursion by private long tail boat
- Thai Set Lunch will be served at Supratra River House restaurant (excluded beverages)
- Welcome Reception 30 minutes included free flow of House Wine (red/white) or; local beer or fruit-juice or soft-drinks with some
- chips & nuts during the welcome reception.
- International Buffet Dinner will be provided at Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside (included one glass of wine or local beer or soft- drink per person for Adult and Milk for Children under 12 years old) during the dinner.
- Half day Flight of the Gibbon and Khao Kheow Park (private transfer & join activities)
- Evening Bangkok Night Discovery by Tuk-Tuk (private basis)
- Both healthy and not so healthy snacks are served on the vehicle every day (except arrival & departure dates).
- Drinking Water & Cool towel during the tours in Bangkok & Chiang Mai.
- Thai-Lanna Noodles “Khaosoy” will be served at the local restaurant before check-in at Siripanna Villa (excluded beverages)
- Cooking Class at Siripanna Villa Chiang Mai included dinner by own cooked
- Full Day Doi Inthanon National Park & Hiking at Baan Mae Klang Luang Tour
- Thai Set Lunch will be served at the local restaurant (excluded beverages)
- Full Day Baan Chang Elephant Camp included lunch at local restaurant (Private transfer & joined basis)
- One time afternoon High Tea at Slee Banyan Garden at Siripanna Villa Resort for Kids.
- Thai Set Khantoke Dinner or Thai Cuisine Buffet (operated every Fridays & Saturdays) at Siripanna Resort Chiang Mai included one glass of soft-drink
- Morning Sunrise excursion & Sightseeing at Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep excursion (private service)
- Clothes for donation at Hill Tribe Village in Chiang Mai
- Gift for completing the evaluation a bottle of Thai Fruit Wine (Discovery Holidays Wine one set per family)
- Child under 11 years no bed, shares with two full paying adults in twin room.
- Child under 11 years with bed, shares in the extra-bed with two full paying adults in twin room
- Expenditure of a personal nature i.e. laundry, telephone bills, drinks, souvenirs & etc.
- Early check-in and late check-out in each hotels
- Optional tours in Bangkok & Chiang Mai
- International and domestic air tickets
- All Beverages & drinks at the hotel and restaurants during the meals (not mentioned in itinerary)
- No Staff to assistance children throughout the tour
- Program could be subject to change due to local conditions
- Non-Refundable for unused services; splitting of Package is not allowed
- Normal check-in time at hotel is 14:00hrs & check-out time at hotel is 12:00hrs noon
- Bangkok Tuk-Tuk by Night is not available on 24, 25, 31 December & 01 January
Discovery Holidays acts as an intermediary between transportation and airline companies, hotels, tourist offices and all other contractors providing services for tourists. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political action and unrest must be borne by the clients. Programs and tours prices are based on the situation at the time of printing this proposal and could be subject to change due to local conditions. Participation in our tour programs implies the client’s agreement to the above. We reserve the right to amend or alter any of the conditions herein without notice from time to time and at its sole discretion
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250